Friday, November 4, 2011

Boring

Ok the novelty has worn off. I am getting pretty bored of cancer. Here is a short list of things I am specifically bored of:

not drinking
waking up drenched in my own sweat
hospital waiting rooms
good news (this deserves its own post)
low-grade feeling like shit 24/7
manically telling everyone I have cancer
the lack of alcohol
medical examinations
back issues of Redbook
needles
warm blankets
wet sheets
chemo anticipation
sobriety

*yawn*

I felt particularly done with all this shit yesterday during my second biopsy, a surgical procedure for which I was wide awake. Ever lain awake on an OR table with one of your parts flapping open? Unpleasant. Also, in a repeat of Wednesday's PET scan SNAFU, ENOUGH WITH THE OVEN-WARM BLANKETS ALREADY. I run hot, especially since I usually have a small fever, and I'm super sweaty thanks to cancer. Kind nurses need to stop projecting their always-coldness on to me and creating extreme discomfort for me during these trying times.

Love to Carol, the lady who gave me the mellow surgery drugs and the cool facecloth during the procedure. Kept me in the game. Also love to codeine, since I am in an awful lot of pain. That rhymed NOM NOM PILLS

1 comment:

piccadillous said...

"back issues of Redbook" made me laugh. The other stuff not so much, I guess.