Wednesday, March 28, 2012

50%: The Trade Off

So I am half done with my radiation treatments, and this week I have not had any explosions of crazy lymph node pain. It seems safe-ish to assume that I'm through that phase and now just need to worry about the stuff I was told to expect, which has definitely started.

I have a ring of red skin around my shoulders. I am lotioning often. It is odd.

My throat is sort of sore all of the time. I bought lots of various lozenges and candies.

I'm not sure what's going on with food -- on the way down it often encounters resistance, but not like constricted esophagus resistance. Not just like the tube is swollen and smaller. It's like my stomach says "Nope" and sends up a fleet of burps. I dunno, eating sort of hurts.

Which is funny, because I am doing an awful lot of it. I am not worried about putting those lost pounds back on. I've missed food and I am making up for lost time.

I am a little concerned by last night's "sleep." I had the sweats a bit, not sure what that means. And I had to get up to pee urgently two times in the middle of the night despite emptying the tank before bed and again when I got up in the AM. Seriously I'm talking 4 major pees in under 7 hours. Where's all that liquid coming from? Cancer's doing something nefarious, I just know it. Melting away, I hope.

For feeling as crappy as I do, I am doing really good. That's relativity for you.

3 comments:

Dave said...

The polyuria (lots of pee) may be due to the dexamethasone.

Unknown said...

Interesting. My last dose of that was Sunday and this happened Tuesday night. I am no longer on steroids.

What's the medical term for a lot of really smelly farts? Now I have that.

Dave said...

Ok, not the steroids then.

Hyperflatulence... also the name of faster-than-light travel in star wars.